Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A simple healthy recipe with shrimp...

Eating clean isn't hard... This recipe is so easy and tastes delicious! I made this for lunch today for me... I ate most of it in one sitting. :-)

"Shrimp stir fry with brown rice"

Ingredients:
√ 1-1.5 lbs shrimp peeled
√ Extra virgin olive oil
(Or organic spray canola or olive oil)
√ Fresh Snow peas (a handful or two)
√ 1 lb. Asparagus
√ 6-8 oz. fresh Mushrooms of your choice
√ 1-2 stalks of Kale
√ A dash of Garlic powder
√ A dash of fresh cracked pepper

√ 1 cup of brown rice

You will also need a small pot for the rice, a lid, a pan for the stir fry, a knife and maybe a cutting board. Oh and a brain and fingers to utilize the knife and peel the shrimp. (jk smile) (I use as minimal of equipment as possible.)

First of all, I started my brown rice because unless you get instant,
which I do not like as much, it takes 40 mins to cook. I put it on to cook while I was peeling my shrimp. (People talk about how hard it is to cook, but, in my experience, it cooks just like white rice. Just follow the directions on the package!) SO once I got my shrimp peeled, I set my pan to med high heat, let it warm up and threw in the shrimp. (I forget to add my seasonings at the beginning sometimes, but if you remember you can add them right now, up to you.) Oh chop your veggies up to your liking. I didn't chop mine finely or anything. I just pulled the leaves of the kale off with my hands. I add those at the end because they cook fast. Anyways, I added my snow peas first then threw in the asparagus and mushrooms. Lastly the kale... Keep stirring or it will stick. Don't forget to set a timer on your rice. Enjoy! I added some liquid aminos to the finished product right before I devoured it... It's like soy sauce, but has no preservatives and is gluten free.

I cook simple meals during the week. No mess no fuss. This meal is very health, gluten free, dairy free and preservative free.
On another note, I need a rice cooker. I'm getting a juicer this week too. Stay tuned for juicing recipes.... :-)


Finished product
One of the best alternatives to soy sauce that I have found.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your Shrimp Stir Fry recipe. I would like to try to cook this because I think it is delicious. So I'm sure to be back here to share the result.

    ReplyDelete