Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Update on ME!

SOOOOOO..... I graduated from The University of California, Irvine in June with my BA in Public Health Policy, moved out of the OC (reluctantly) and into the IE.....now what?  I feel like the fish on Finding Nemo who escaped the fishbowl from the Dentists' office, but are now stuck in the plastic bag looking out over the massive blue ocean of endless possibilities....
I was pretty sure that by now I would have obtained my dream job or secured my spot in a fabulous Masters' program, or at least have a tan.  Reality strikes yet again!  What do I do with myself?  At least I have.....
began a semi-regular gym regime again, this time at LA Fitness because to be frank they are blowing 24 Hour Fitness out of the water with not only state-of-the-art facilities, but also the number of locations.  Near me, I venture to say that there are more LA Fitness gyms than Starbucks.  Living in Riverside has been a huge adjustment!! The weather is brutally hot compared to the OC and the people are quite different.
   So what next...?  It looks like I will get into sales for awhile, while I continue to adjust to the Inland Empire "lifestyle", but not give in to it... and maintain my southern (Roll Tide!) identity and OC influence.  My goal is to focus on my family, career goals, and fitness.  I recently started upping my leg days to three times per week and hitting my shoulders (deltoids) at least twice a week.  My goal has always been to see more deltoid definition.  I am committing from today forward to hit the gym a minimum of 5 times a week like I used to do before I ever started UCI in 2012.  I am also endeavoring to start a gym class this upcoming week.  I always felt my best when I did at least 2 gym classes per week, such as a cardio kickboxing class followed by yoga.  Cheers!!!!! (with my protein shake in the air!)
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment